Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pinocchio's my brother

Lord my dreams are nothing without you
They're merely just thoughts in my head
Everyday I strive for them to come true
but on my own they're just dormant, dead

I get selfish, determined and stubborn
and strive to do things on my own
Try to prove that I'm worth something more
then the little girl you've known

I get up on my high horse
When one thing goes my way
"Who needs a Geppetto?"
That's child's play

I am the one who worked so hard
I am the one who did it all
I am the one who will get the glory
I am the one who cannot fall

This is when things come apart
and we ask God "Why my frail heart?"
When we've done nothing but good things
but its him who controls the strings

We are exactly how God wants us to be
and he knows of our journey
He'll let us be a real boy
As long as we give him the glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment