Monday, June 1, 2015

That Place

Your presence oh God I long for
I strive for your touch
You bring joy to my voice 
And life to my lungs

You pick me up and twirl me 
You bring new praises to my lips.
You bring tears in my eyes and put laughter in my chest. 

You are my best friend, 
my world, 
And everything I long for.
You bring peace of mind 
and energy to my bones.
 
You bring my dead spirit to life. 

You are my hearts desire. 
You're everything I've been searching for.
You know every part and every detail of my past. 
You know my future 
and yet your love is so vast.

I reach up to you 
Earnestly wanting your touch. 
Like a child to its parent,
I'm desperate for your love. 

I give you all of me 
All my desires and plans 
I give them all to you.

You wipe off all my shame 
You take off my burdens and my chains.
You wash off my scars and make me new.
And my past is of no remembrance to you.

I give you all of my being 
Oh Lord how I love your presence
You are my reason for living.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment