Sunday, January 18, 2015

Deep End

I miss you
and the ship that sank that night
I miss your lips
and the moon that shined so bright
I miss your eyes
and the way you held me tight
I miss you
and the ship that sank that night

I saw it coming
It was going down
but I refused to except it
while you twirled me around

We danced that night
under the stars
you kissed my heart
where others left scars

You waltzed me to the edge
with your gentle words
as you said
hold your breath

I miss you
and the ship that sank that night

2 comments:

  1. Well I used to be a captain of my heart
    Until the waves came crashing in and tore my ship apart.
    It's the subtle waves that cause me to shiver nowadays
    As I try to float on by, clinging tightly to stray wooden planks.
    I'm drowning until the thickness of salt!
    I'm parched of my joy and it's getting harder to call!
    We all drown in these ships that we sailed with pride!
    While one heart lives, another one dies!

    Dear shore,
    I've missed your green grass for some time now.
    I always wanted to sail out to sea,
    But maybe it would've been better if I didn't have have to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Under the thickness of salt* lol

    ReplyDelete